The Food Processing and Distribution business sector was set up in 2015, and includes the following activities:
- Food and non-food distribution (Numidis) with the chain of UNO stores.
- Specialist retail in the personal and household equipment and services sectors.
- Agricultural production through Ceviagro.
- Shopping centre management through Sierra Cevital.
- Agri-food production represents 80% of the activity in this business sector.
From 2016 onwards, this business sector was expanded to include food operations, i.e. the production of sugar, oils, vegetable fats, cereals, fruit-based beverages, mineral waters and lime through Cevital Agro-Industrie, located within the port of Bejaia in Algeria.
A leader in the Algerian agri-food sector, this subsidiary offers high-quality produce at competitive prices and is made up of several production plants, which have development units responsible for testing and launching new products.
The major production plants include:
- The world’s largest sugar refinery with a production capacity of 2 million tonnes per year and the largest oil refinery in Africa, producing 570,000 tonnes per year.
- The Bejaia site is also the largest port unloading terminal in the Mediterranean region, with a capacity of 2,000 tonnes per hour.
- Over 1,500,000 tonnes of sugar produced by the subsidiary Cevital Agro-Industrie have been exported to more than 40 countries since 2010
- More than 50,000 products on sale in 23 UNO stores (Numidis subsidiary)
Dar El Beida, Algiers, Algeria
Units 21 to 30, Zone d’activité Dar El Beida, Alger, Algeria.